Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Because you can't spiritualize being given the Bird.


Okay so here's the thing. My main family is my church family; which is okay for the most part. The problem however is day to day life. In living in it, you get stuck with the mundane and I declare it is impossible to "spiritualize" everything. You can't make life always about a spiritual journey. 'Cause it's not. Sometimes it just sucks and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes you are forced to ride the metaphysical roller coaster of life. And there's nothing holy about it.

Case in point; you can't spiritualize being given the bird at the intersection where someone is backing up into your parked car. Now maybe you can spiritualize your reaction, but oh the flesh is too immediate and too needy. So there's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: