Monday, August 18, 2008

'Cause some things should be left well enough alone

I went over a friends house from church who is very pregnant (as opposed to just a little right? tee heee)and due about 3 weeks with number 5 (Bless her heart!). I wanted help her so I decided I would cook for her. I made shepherds pie, garlic bread and brownies. Some of my normal stuff right? Wrong there bucko. She is in to organic stuff and she bought bison meat instead of what Lewis Black would call "red moo cow fuck beef". It looks deceptively normal in the package:



However, there is such a difference in comparison with ground chuck in taste and not in a good way. I am still tasting Bison even though I've tried to kill the taste with chocolate, milk and water. I swear to god my tongue is swelling. Never ever again. The only way I can describe it is like eating medium rare meat. Now I know the meat I cooked was not medium rare, 'cause I browned it, but good god,it might as been a meal for Nosforetu himself for all the blood taste to it...



I guess what I've learned is that some things you just don't fuck with. My ma's shephard's pie recipe is one of them.
Sorry for the cussing, but, that's my mood tonight. So no Ted Turner, I will not be dining at your restaurant anytime soon.

I did however, get fresh eggs from the adventure, I think, I'm going to have them tomorrow with toast. They are suppposed to be high in omega-3 which is supposed to be good for depression.

No comments: