Friday, June 6, 2008

I tried

I tried to go to work today: but umm, I didn't fall asleep until about 5:30am or so. Very poor sleep hygiene. I woke up at 8:15am and tried to piece together everything. I should have stopped the effort when I couldn't find my keys and was about to start crying. I got up with the notion that I would go to the bank to report my debit card lost ( a whole other heart wrenching story-sigh) and got as far as the drive up line at the teller before I realized that umm, I wasn't going to make it. I could barely keep my eyes open and felt the merest provocation would set me into a tailspin. I thought this might not be the best circumstances to try to tolerate the Wicked Witches of the North, South, East and West.

So I got on the phone with with the psych doc and asked to have my note switched so that I go back on monday. Technically I'm still in my 10 day loa grace so I'm okay. And if I don't get the note on time; dem's the berries kid; I will just have to take a vacation day.

I will however be going to see African Queen tonight at the beaches; That is provided that I wake up from my tramadol induced coma. Yeah that's right; having back spasms again, (i.e. part 2 of why I couldn't sleep last night) We'll see.

No comments: